2 ½ cups zucchini noodles
½ cup scallions
1 packet Splenda or stevia
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup beef broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup reduced fat Fontina cheese or other reduced fat cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. preheat oven to 400.
2. Melt butter in a pan and add scallions. cook a few minutes.
3. Add salt, pepper, Splenda, Worcestershire, and thyme. Stir and cook a few more minutes.
4. Add beef broth and cook till onions are golden brown.
5. Make sure to stir so the onions do not burn. spray a 5×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
6. In a large bowl combine the zucchini mixture and the French onion mixture.
7. Put the mixture into the baking dish and top with the Fontina cheese.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or till brown.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – ¼ Lean, 1 ½ Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 2 Condiments (don’t forget to add 1 ½ more Greens to complete this healthy meal)