5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup fresh chopped spinach
3.75 ounces Jennie-O lean turkey breakfast sausage, cooked
¼ cup shredded low fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium skillet, brown the turkey sausage on medium-high heat. Cook until sausage is brown all the way through. Measure out 3.75 oz and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggs. Whisk in unsweetened almond milk and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped spinach.
3. Grease 6 muffin tin cups with cooking spray or line cups with paper liners. Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
4. Distribute cheese and sausage equally between each muffin cup.
5. Bake egg muffins for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm in the center. Remove from oven and gently go around each egg with a butter knife.
6. Serve warm.
* Note: You can store the egg muffins in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat them in the microwave.
Yields 2 Servings: (6 egg muffins total) ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1/8th Green, 1 Condiment (don’t forget to add 2 7/8th more Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green Meal)