36.4 oz raw chicken breast
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoon pesto
8 ounces shredded reduced-fat mozzarella
1 ½ cups tomatoes
1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes
½ cup chopped basil
10 ¼ second sprays of non-stick spray
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise so you have 6 thin chicken cutlets.
3. Pound each cutlet in a quart sized ziploc bag or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap into ⅛” thick cutlets.
4. Season both sides of chicken with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
5. Spoon and spread 1 Tablespoon pesto in the center of each cutlet,
6. Top with 2 thin tomato slices.
7. Sprinkle with 2-3 Tablespoons mozzarella cheese.
8. Roll the chicken up tightly and seal ends with a toothpick.
9. Preheat large oven-safe skillet over medium/high heat with 1 Tbsp oil.
10. Add chicken roll-ups and sear on both sides until golden (4 min per side)
11. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese.
12. Add 1 cup of cherry tomatoes on top of cheese.
13. Place the skillet on the center rack of oven and bake 425˚F for 13-15 minutes (13 min for these medium chicken breasts and 15 min for larger chicken breasts, or until internal temp of chicken reaches 160˚F on instant-read thermometer.
14. Remove from oven and toothpicks.
15. Plate chicken pesto roll-ups, spooning pan juices and roasted tomatoes over the top and garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Yields 6 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 lean, 1 Green, 1 Condiment, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add 2 Greens per serving to complete this healthy Lean and Green)