3 red, yellow, orange, or green bell peppers
a little olive oil
Pinch of salt
3 small chicken breasts (about 12 oz cooked)
¼ cup shredded cheese
4 teaspoon low-sodium fajita mix
Squeeze of lime
¼ cup chopped Cilantro
1. Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot on high with 4 tablespoons of water for 4 hours.
2. After cooking, shred the chicken.
3. Squeeze half a lime over it and add cilantro.
4. Add the 4 teaspoon of fajita seasoning. Stir.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, trim off stems, and remove seeds. OR – carve into adorable pumpkins.
7. Place peppers face down on a baking sheet and lightly rub tops of peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or until peppers are soft and getting browned.
9. Scoop the meat mixture into the “cup” of the roasted peppers.
10. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
11. Bake again for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 2 Condiments