For the Marinade:
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 tsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
For the Chicken:
27 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
2. Slice the chicken breasts longways into 2 even slices
3. Place chicken into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
4. Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
5. Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1 Green, 3 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add 2 more Greens to round out your Lean and Green Meal)