1 lb 95-97% lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon chopped chipotles in adobo (optional)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup prepared salsa
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
2 tablespoon butter, melted
¾ cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
1 ¾ cup 2% Mexican cheese shredded, divided
For the chili:
1. In a medium saucepan brown the ground meat seasoned with salt and pepper. Pour off any extra fat and discard.
2. Add the rest of the chili ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes.
For the casserole:
1. Cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave with holes in it for 6 minutes on each side. You can also cook it in the oven on 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
2. Split open and rake out the seeds. Scrape the spaghetti squash into noodles with a fork.
3. In a medium bowl combine the cooked spaghetti squash and melted butter, tossing to coat.
4. Spread the squash out in a 12 – 14 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
5. Spread the Greek yogurt over the cheese.
6. Spoon on the chili and spread it out, leaving a 1 inch border of spaghetti squash around the edge.
7. Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot.
Yields 5 Servings ~ Per Serving – Lean, 1, 2/3 Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 3 Condiments
(Don’t forget to add 2 1/3 more Greens to complete this health Lean and Green meal)