4 cups riced cauliflower
3 tablespoons reduced fat Parmesan cheese
½ cup cooked leeks
1 ½ cups Chicken broth
¼ cup Almond milk, unsweetened
1.5 cup Mixed vegetables (use broccoli/cauliflower mix),
24 oz Chicken, cooked
1 teaspoon Onion powder
½ teaspoon Black pepper
¼ teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Warm riced cauliflower in microwave. Use a cheesecloth (or paper towels) to squeeze out as much of the liquid from the cauliflower as possible.
3. Add the egg, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Using your hands, combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Spray a large muffin pan or 4 ramekins and gently press the cauliflower mixture to the sides, creating a cauliflower bowl.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the centers are dry and the edges are golden brown.
6. While the cauliflower bases are in the oven, spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and sauté the leeks on high heat until slightly tender.
7. Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken broth, almond milk, mixed vegetables, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Stir and cover for approx. 5-8 minutes or until frozen vegetables are soft.
8. Mix the almond flour with some water to make a slurry and add to the sauce with the cooked chicken.
9. Stir in the almond flour mixture and increase heat to high and cook until sauce begins to boil.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Fill each cauliflower base with the pot pie filling and serve!
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments