2 pounds dry sea scallops
4 teaspoons butter, divided
¾ Cups low sodium chicken, vegetable or fish broth
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic Onion
3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
fresh parsley, mint and/or lemon zest as garnish if desired
1. Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the cast iron pan over high heat
2. While butter is melting, pat the scallops dry
3. Once the butter is melted, add the scallops to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are browned. If they stick, they are NOT ready to be flipped.
4. Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and add the broth, juice and Mrs Dash Garlic Onion Seasoning.
6. Remove the scallops and scrape all the brown bits (the fond) off of the bottom of the pan. Keep the fond with the scallops.
6. When the sauce is reduced by 1/3, whisk in the butter, season with salt and pepper and add the scallops and fond back to the pan just to heat them up.
7. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or fresh mint if desired
8. Serve hot
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 2 Condiments, 2 Healthy Fats
(don’t forget to add 3 greens to complete this Lean and Green meal)