1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
18 oz (raw weight) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella, divided
¾ cup ricotta
½ cup shredded fresh basil, plus more for garnish
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
3. Add chicken and season with Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side.
4. Remove chicken to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then dice.
5. In a large bowl, stir together cherry tomatoes, cooked chicken, 1 ½ cups mozzarella, ricotta, basil, and garlic.
6. Stuff tomato mixture into peppers and sprinkle tops with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
7. Pour chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
8. Bake until peppers are tender and cheese melts, 40 to 45 minutes.
9. Garnish with more basil, and serve.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 1 ½ condiments