9 ounces Jennie-O turkey sausage
4 teaspoons olive oil
¼ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 ½ pound raw shrimp (extra-large), peeled and deveined
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (about 1 medium)
¼ cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1. Place the sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the olive oil, onions and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until fragrant and turning translucent.
3. Add the water and simmer for one minute.
4. Add the cajun seasoning, cooked sausage, and shrimp to the pan and cook for three minutes or until the shrimp are turning pink and opaque.
5. Stir in the cooked spaghetti squash, cilantro and lime juice until well combined.
(My preferred way to cook spaghetti squash is to stab it (deeply) all over and microwave it for 9 minutes (small), 12 minutes (medium) or 20 minutes (large) and then cut it in half spoon out the seeds and then scrape out the strands of cooked spaghetti squash. It’s pretty foolproof, and the fastest method I know of to cook spaghetti squash easily.)
6. Remove from heat and serve, garnished with more cilantro or parsley if desired.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 2 Greens, 3 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add in 1 Green to complete this health Lean and Green meal)