1 ¼ lbs. 90% lean ground beef
1 teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 teaspoons crushed garlic, divided
1 scallion, trimmed and minced
1 tablespoon capers, minced
3 oz. low-fat crumbled feta
1 ½ English cucumbers (about 1 ¼ lbs.)
½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
8 large lettuce leaves
1. Combine the beef with half of the salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Add the scallions and capers and mix well.
2. Carefully fold in the crumbled feta, and shape the beef mixture into 8 even-sized patties; set aside.
3. To make the tzatziki, grate the cucumber into a colander and combine with the remaining salt. Allow cucumber to drain in the colander for about 10 minutes. With a kitchen tower, squeeze excess moisture from the cucumbers and place in a bowl.
4. Broil the beef patties on high for about 5 minutes to an internal temperature of about 165 degrees F, flipping once to achieve even cooking and browning.
5. Serve burgers on a large lettuce leaf with tzatziki.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments