Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak
2 lbs. flank steak (fat trimmed
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon fresh pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
10 sprays of non-stick pan spray
1 tablespoon balsamic
¼ cup red union (Chopped)
4 cups tomatoes (Chopped)
1 tablespoon fresh herbs such as oregano, basil or parsley
1 pierce steak all over with a fork.
2. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Combine onions, non-stick spray, balsamic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Set onions for a few minutes in the balsamic, mix above to mellow.
5. Combine tomatoes and fresh herbs and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Heat grill or broiler on high and cook steak for about 7 minutes on each side for medium rare or longer if preferred.
7. Remove from grill and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
8. Slice steak diagonally.
Top with tomatoes and serve.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1 Green, 3 Condiments.
(Don’t forget to add 2 more Greens)