1 Cup Raw Iceberg Lettuce
2 Cups Red Peppers
1 ¼ lb. of Pork Tenderloin (raw)
1 cup Raw Plum Tomatoes
¼ cup Raw Onion
½ Cup Jalapeno Peppers (Raw)
¼ teaspoon Salt
10 Sprays non-stick Cooking Spray
1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
3 tablespoon Cilantro
4 teaspoon Lemon or Lime juice
½ Cup Chicken Broth
2 cups of jicama, peeled and cut into ¼ inch sticks
2 teaspoon of lime juice
Chopped fresh cilantro
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop Plum tomato and Cilantro separately and set aside
2. Chop the jalapeno pepper and remove sees. Set aside.
3. Trim and cut the pork tenderloin into thin strips
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Sprinkle Pork with salt and black pepper
6. Spray pan with cooking spray. Add pork and sauté 4 minutes or until browned.
7. Remove pork from pan and place in a bowl.
8. Add onion, red pepper and jalapeno to pan.
9. Add broth, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
10. Stir in tomato, simmer 2 minutes
11. Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice and cook for 1 minute until pork as reached an internal temperature of 145’ Fahrenheit
12. Take a sturdy piece of lettuce and shape to make a taco shell. Spoon in a portion of the pork mixture into the lettuce shell and enjoy.
Directions for Jicama Fries
13. Peel and cut jicama into ¼ inch sticks
14. In a large bowl, combine jicama with lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes and toss until well incorporated
15. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens